2018 Neighborhood Mini-Grants Applicant Mandatory Training Sessions:
Dayton Metro Library
2410 Philadelphia Drive
Monday, April 9, 2018 5:30 pm
Saturday, April 14, 2018 1:00 pm
2017 Mini-Grants Awarded
The City of Dayton has announced the recipients of the 2017 Neighborhood Mini-Grant Program. A total of $99,161 will be awarded to 24 neighborhood associations for physical improvements, community events, marketing programs and other initiatives benefiting the community and increasing organizational capacity.
Applications were received from 28 organizations, with grants of up to $5,000 awarded, based on nine standard criteria and three bonus criteria. Recipient organizations are required to leverage 50 percent of the awarded amount in funding and in-kind contributions from other sources. All projects must be completed by December 31, 2018.
Grants were awarded to the following civic projects:
- Belmont Eastmont Hearthstone Neighborhood Association - Nordale Park Community Garden - $5,000.
- Dayton Inspires - A Dayton Inspires 2017-2018 Campaign & Neighborhood Clean Up Events - $5,000.
- DeWeese Ridgecrest Civic Association - 5th Annual Art in the Garden Affaire & Garden Tour - $5,000.
- Edgemont Neighborhood Coalition - Water Improvement Project- $1753.
- Five Oaks Neighborhood Improvement Association - Five Oaks Beautification and Identification Sign Project - $5,000.
- FROC Priority Board - Hope, Health, & Help Event - $2,000.
- Forest Ridge Association - Forest Ridge Community Playground Pavilion - $5,000.
- GAITS (Third Street Business Association) - Third & Linden Mural Project - $4,575.
- Greater Old North Dayton Business Association - National Night Out & Taste of Old North Dayton Event - $3,525.
- Grafton Grows Green - Community Garden Project - $ 4,151.
- Grafton Hill Association - Stoddard Avenue Pumpkin Glow 2017 - $5,000.
- Historic Huffman Neighborhood Association - Spirit of Huffman Tour 2018 - $5,000.
- Historic South Park, Inc. - South Park Mural Project - $3,000.
- The Longest Table Dayton - The Longest Table Dayton Project - $5,000.
- Old North Dayton Neighborhood Association - Community Garden and Neighborhood Passive Recreation Enhancements - $2,467.
- Patterson Park Civic Association - Jane Newcom Park Walking Track Improvement - $5,000.
- Pineview Neighborhood Association - Restoration of Lakeside Lake - $5,000.
- Roosevelt Neighborhood Collaborative - Roosevelt Neighborhood Collaborative 2018 - $5,000.
- Southern Dayton View Area Association - Annual Art Day - $1,940.
- Southwest Priority Board Community Development Corporation - 2017 Community Unity Festival - $1,440.
- Twin Towers Neighborhood Association -Taking Back Our Community One Block at a Time - $5,000.
- Westwood Collaborative - Business Owners' Summit - $5,000.
- Wesley Community Center - Wesley Center Community Garden - $5,000.
- Wright Dunbar, Inc. - Dayton Region Walk of Fame Mural Project - $5,000.